Over the last weeks I’ve been researching chatting with some friends about gardening and the usual how to bits of outdoor advice.
From those conversations came the suggestion that I should do a crash course of some format in ‘gardening‘.
I did teach horticulture and courses before. But this class request or what one should get at the end of it is to be slightly different as those urging me to do so are not horticulturalists – moreso they have a window ledge/ balcony or only wish to garden in small amounts and stints.
The outcome…? Either a one day course in gardening at my homestead or a 1.5 hour evening course in Dublin City Centre over a 3/4 week period. The majority in this case decided on a one day workshop.
To tailor make this session to the people and their wants I am proposing the following:
- a one day crash course from 9.30am – 3.30pm
- The day/ date for will be in March
- cost of materials only to be covered set at €60 per person
- you take home what you make on the day
- lunch will be included
- to take place in Ballyboughal [it’s near Swords/ North Dublin 😉 ]
- numbers will be limited to a maximum 8 people only
What we will achieve on the day:
- gardening basics
- how to grow your own from seed
- growing plants on a budget
- window ledge balcony gardening
- looking after your plants
- planting your planters
- growing in a confined space
- not enough hours in the day/ the 10 minute gardener
- herb and salad kitchen gardening
The idea is simple enough and if numbers run over/ demand is great enough/someone approaches me with a suggestion I’ll do a second class/ consider those options then.
If you would like to do this class – or – have any queries or suggestions
- pop your name down as a comment on the gardening blog [not here]
- email me info[at]doneganlandscaping[dot]com
- telephone me on [vodafone prefix – and then] 6594688