The AGM of the Ballyboughal Community Council will be held on Monday 04 November at 8:00pm in Ballyboughal National School on the main street of the village.
New Committee Members are welcome so if you are interested please let a member of the council know on the night.
The role of the Community Council is to lobby Government, Local Authority, NGOs, semi-state bodies, etc for improved facilities/services from an amenity, cultural and recreational perspective for the area of Ballyboughal and its associated townlands.
Over the last three years the Community Council has been involved in the following areas:
- Lobbying against proposed landfill sites
- Lobbying against Greater Dublin drainage Project
- Securing grant funding from Eirgrid for installation of speed cameras in village
- Organising post-carol singing function in National School
- Lobbying Local Authority for road safety improvements and remedial works to roads
- Making submissions on Local Area Plan (LAP) and unfinished estates
- Producing biannual Ballyboughal Newsletter
Further information may be obtained from calling Damien on 087 7387256. Elections for new members will be taken on the night of the AGM.
If you’d like to find out more about Ballyboughal Community Council just type “community council” into the search box in the top right or else click this link and you will get a list of all the posts over the last number of years. Just be aware that the list does not cover everything, as we can only blog about it as we get the info.
Why not come along on the evening and meet the people who fly the flag for the village and have a chat and see what in the pipeline. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask any questions or raise any concerns you might have.