This was the first poker classic to be held in the old school. And only the second poker classic in Ballyboughal so I was hoping that irrespective of money and numbers that a good night would be had by all. It was a great night I must say… 🙂
But…. Such a night would not have been possible without the help of so many people. I’ve listed as many as I can below…. if I’ve forgotten anyone, my apologies in advance, drop me a note and I’ll pop you in.
The prize money in total was €800. The total amount raised after prize money was €827. €50 of this was a cheque made payable to The Niall Mellon Township. So €777 will appear as lodged online from my credit card and the NMTT will lodge the €50 cheque to my volunteer account. To view my account and the amount raised – click here
- Stephanie O’Brien for organising the entire night. Ballyboughals very own wonder woman. Thank you so much
- Caroline Delaney for helping with the hall.
- Shelley, Stephanie & Sara for making the sandwiches
- O’Connors Village Inn pub for looking after everyone
- and for the bottle of bushmills 😉
- Patricia Delaney for helping with the raffle
- Red Velvet Hair Studio for the 3 vouchers for the raffle
- The Garrigan Family [and Thomas & Aidan McCann] for the potatoes 😉
- Tom Kennedy for the 2 cases of beer for the raffle prizes
- All the lads of Ballyboughal rangers GFC – thank you. Legends. Gentlemen 🙂
- and Matt Rooney for organising the game itself.
- The people who came to play poker. Brilliant.
- Noel Scahill for the very kind donation
The game itself was won by Kevin, that be our very own local bar manager Phil Mitchell…. Well done lads. Brilliant stuff 🙂